I'll be on tour with The Black Dahlia Murder in Europe and then Summer Slaughter from June 3rd - July 29th.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

"that's right you fuckin' slobs"

I got the Slouchback demo in the mail yesterday and I'm feeling it. Don't really know anything about these dudes other than the fact they're from Maine and were sending out free demos. The cover got me worried because I thought it looked a little cheesy, but the demo defiantly impressed. First off great sound quality and the dudes actually play pretty tight. I'm so sick of demos that sound like they were recorded in a tin can by 5 year olds.

Musically these guy play 5 songs of total Clevo influenced hardcore. If you're into Ringworm and Integrity you'll probably dig it. Heavy riffs, double bass, some solos and fast thrashy parts. The songs actually seem like they took time putting them together and none of them are too long
(all the songs are around 2 minutes). And it all comes off without sounding too wignorant (dear Ruiner, thank you for that term). My only complaint was the vocals took a couple songs to grow on me. Kind of high pitched and not what I'd expect for the style of music, but by the 3rd song I was used to them.

Overall this is probably my favorite demo I've heard since the Sick Fix demo. Their myspace says their demo is coming out as a 7" on Despair Records that you can pre-order right now. So pick that up.

No comments: