I'll be on tour with The Black Dahlia Murder in Europe and then Summer Slaughter from June 3rd - July 29th.

Monday, February 26, 2007

highlight of my day: a train hitting a house!


Today I saw one of the top 10 sweetest things I've ever seen in my life. I was driving home from the bank and saw a bunch of mangled metal on the side of the road next to the train tracks. When I got a few feet further up I saw a couple semi axles and a stopped train. At this point I was thinking either a semi got in an accident and the train had to stop or that a train hit the semi (which was obviously the far sweeter option). As soon I got around the corner I was defiantly not prepared for how intense it really was gonna be. A house was sitting in the middle of the train tracks with a train halfway through it.


I called my friend Charlie that works at the News Journal right away because when I passed it there was just one cop there and the first news van had just pulled up. He came down to my house and we went to scope out what happened. By the time we got back down the train had moved (bummer) but the house was still there. Basically a semi that was transporting a mobile home got stuck on the tracks and a train plowed right through it. One in a million chances, right?

We were hanging around while Charlie took pics and a second train came by so I got some crappy camera phone pics and videos of that. Hopefully Charlie sends his pics to me soon. Highlight of life. I'd never seen a train accident before and never expected to see a train hit a house obviously. I'm not sure if this means I've seen a trainwreck now or if that implies two trains. Either way it brightened my day.


Here's the most boring possible news story about a train hitting a house and a video:

Train Slices Through Mobile Home
A mobile home was sliced in half Monday afternoon when a tractor-trailer hauling it in Volusia County, Fla., became stuck on some railroad tracks, according to Local 6 News. Police said the mobile home became stuck near Turnbull Bay Road in New Smyrna Beach when the big rig broke down. The train came around a curve and slammed into it. Workers were able to unhook the rig from the trailer just before the Florida East Coast slammed into the home. The trained stopped about a half mile down the tracks after hitting the structure. There were no injuries in connection with the crash. Watch Local 6 News for more on this developing story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is up there with that time you saw a baby get hit by a car when we toured with you guys. Go Karim, Go!

Andythisfire