I'll be on tour with The Black Dahlia Murder in Europe and then Summer Slaughter from June 3rd - July 29th.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

vegan power... metal?

Just wanted to give a shout out to my buddy Jsin of Icarus Witch for promoting the vegan lifestyle in the metal community. It seems like a thing no real metal bands in the US are doing currently. Even though the entire band isn't veg, it's rad to see him speaking up on the subject.


Jsin used to own a record store in town that I worked at in high school and is pretty much responsible for giving me all the initial info that made me decide to go vegan (and showed me I didn't have to be stuck doing a job I hated). Big ups and all shall witness a day that Babylon shall fall... or something.

Here's the quote...

You also were at NAMM and on the Icarus Witch message board I asked you how that went. While I won’t ask for you to recap everything again, I do have a follow up question. In your response you mentioned going out to eat at vegan friendly restaurants. Is it hard to find a restaurant that caters to customers such as yourself? I would think that in LA there should be plenty of choices, but what about Pittsburgh? Are vegan-friendly restaurants plentiful or do you usually end up cooking for yourself most of the time?


L.A. is one of the best places to find restaurants of every kind. Being vegan when I lived there was simpler due to the overall health conscious mentality of California. Pittsburgh is a much smaller city obviously & more of a blue collar place in general, so there aren’t as many places with “Vegan” in the title, but I’m pretty resourceful in terms of finding places that cater to the non flesh consumers. There seems to be an increasing amount of eateries & healthy stores here that are offering cruelty free fare. But I don’t go out as much when we’re not on the road because I’ve surrounded myself with all of the creature comforts at home.

Here are the links...
Living For Metal interview
PETA2 blog
Icarus Witch blog

PS: I just made like 6 pounds of vegan mashed potatoes and figured I might as well throw that info out there.

No comments: