I'll be on tour with The Black Dahlia Murder in Europe and then Summer Slaughter from June 3rd - July 29th.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Along With The HBIC

Just got my first DVD from the Yokai Monsters series in the mail today. Well actually I got the last in the series (Along With Ghosts) in the mail today, but the first to me. Yokai Monsters was a series of 60's Japanese childrens movies that were based on the hundred demons parade. Saying these are kids movies is kind of misleading because if I was a kid and saw this I would be terrified after seeing a hypercephalic ghost killing some evil henchmen. But I guess the Japanese are more well adjusted than us.

If you don't know the hundred demons parade is a legend about how at night all the demons, spirits and ghosts get to walk among living people for the night. In Japan hundred doesn't actually literally mean 100, but just a large amount. There was also a game samurai used to play based on this legend to prove their courage. A hundred (or a bunch) of candles are lit and each person in the room tells a ghost story. After each story is told a candle is put out. As more stories are told the room gets darker and the stories get grimmer until the last story which is supposed to be the most terrifying.


Anyway the demons in the case of these stories are helping out the children heroes fight back against their tormentors. Imagine Sid and Marty Krofft meets Kwaidan and Yojimbo. If you haven't seen any of these movies go check one out for possibly the weirdest childrens movie you'll ever see. Also they're more proof that puppets and suits will always be better than CGI.

I think the ghosts from these movies must have been helping answering my prayers of getting Real kicked off I Love New York because it finally happened tonight. Now it's just down to Chance and Tango and the season finale should be outrageous. Too bad we have to wait two weeks to see it. This gives everyone who hasn't been keeping up an extra week to go back and catch up on what they missed. If Chance loses to Tango I might lose all hope in the human race. At this point how can you not want the Stallionaire to win against the TMNT for the heart of the HBIC.


I mean look at the dude, what's not to love? I rest my case. Just try to ignore his "fruity pic". And until anyone can give me a definition of HBIC I'm assuming it means "head bitch in control". Which may be my new favorite term to come out of New York's mouth.

That's it. Go pick up the new Mum - 'The Peel Session' EP and listen to more Napalm Death. Spring break, fuck a horse. Peace.

No comments: