I'll be on tour with The Black Dahlia Murder in Europe and then Summer Slaughter from June 3rd - July 29th.

Friday, March 2, 2007

Clevo Scene Report: Winter 2007

It seems like so many bands in hardcore are jocking the 90's Cleveland scene right now. So I figured it was only fitting to get a report on how the Clevo scene is doing 10 years after the hype. Who better to fill me in than Cleveland's native beer delivery driver, Above This Fire singer and former tourmate... Andy Pants.


So whats new in the Clevo scene man? I hear a new Integ record this year, new Ringworm. Big year, putting Clevo back on the map.


Yeah the guys are writing the new Integrity record here while Dwid is in Belgium. Ringworm won best hardcore band.

Dwid, literally, in Belgium


Obviously man, you guys are my friends and all, but Ringworm is Ringworm And they're basically the best band in hardcore period.

This is true. They win every year.

the best band in hardcore: Ringworm


What else is going on in the home of American pride? Give me a Clevo scene report. Pretend I'm MRR and people who shower actually still read me.

Hahaha... um... we're playing tomorrow. Should be a lot of real young kids, and older guys at the bar. Dead Even, if you remember them, broke up. The immortal Tony Erba (9 Shocks Terror, Amps II Eleven, Gordon Solie Mother Fuckers, Stepsister, etc) has a new band called Cheap Tragedies. Not only is this man a stand up cable guy, he also can hold down the vox in his new band. Skeletonwitch signed to Prosthetic Records (Skeletonwitch formerly featured Courage Crew's Jimi Britches on bass). I have never seen them live but everyone I talk to says they rip really hard. Keelhaul does play occasionally here. I really like that band a lot and my girlfriend is buddies with Aaron the guitar player. One of these days I gotta see them. Chimaira is still the biggest band here. I have not yet heard their new record but I heard kids with sick tribal tattoos and Mudvayne shirts are thrilled to hear it's coming out. The Gluttons, HF's (Human Furnace) side band where he plays guitar and sings, still plays around. One of the best rock and roll bands I have seen in a long time. Ringworm is writing a new record and it'll be awesome because Aaron from Keelhaul is still in the Worm. Chris Dora is back playing for Ringworm now.

Skeletonwitch minus Britches


I heard 3 Gun (Integrity, Ringworm, Terror, Hatebreed) is helping write the record too?

Indeed, that's the rumor. Spudmonsters reunion in May. Hopefully followed by a Run Devil Run reunion.

Spudmonsters reunion: May 19th @ Peadody's


Oh yeah I saw a flyer for Spudmonsters. I used to feel that band way hard. I completely forgot about them til I saw the flyer. Run Devil Run I never liked. I always got them confused with Kill Devil Hills. I know I booked a show for one of them 5 years ago.

Yeah. We got offered The Spuds show, but Oliver is graduating. Talk about lame.


Tell Oliver to get with real life. Is In Cold Blood putting out a new record too? They should.

I will. No, the singer was in Mushroomhead and runs a record label now.

most masked band in Cleveland: Mushroomhead


Do you guys have any good new bands?

Cheap Tragedies are really good, other than that not really. I mean we have some good young bands, but we gotta wait and see.

Cheap Tragedies


How's the edge doing? I picture it being weak in Clevo.

I'm out of the game. I think Don Foose still walks it. He works in construction up here and can be seen at any local Home Depot.


I picture your veg being even weaker with your multiple Buffalo Wild Wings locations.

Nah, that mess is strong. We got some decent veggie eats around here.


Any other pertinent area news?

You still haven't seen our new place. which is a 5,000 sq foot loft apartment. This month I only paid $267 in rent. You still haven't seen the 5-6 story poster of Lebron James. It's on the side of a wall. Other than that, Dwid last I heard is still in Belgium. No One Life Crew reunions have been rumored. And you can still get tattooed by HF at one of his fine tattoo establishments around here with the simple call on the telly. That's your Cleveland Scene Report. I'll be here every 2 months.

the chosen one


Did Derek Hess do some fucking scribbling on your wall yet?

No, but he did draw a picture of me and LT standing next to each other.


I imagine that to just looks like a scribble of an overweight giraffe.

It came out nice. I think it's on my myspace. I forgot to mention nothing from Bone Thugs camp either. Like no one off shows and I've been to E 99th and St. Clair numerous times and have not seen them. My beer route is down in the ghetto and I never hear or see anything about them.


It seems like this could be the year Cleveland makes a comeback. I'll check in with Andy again in a couple months and see how it's coming along. Check all the links and go to a Mushroomhead show... they wear masks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the veg + edge is strong in this member of Cheap Tragedies! hell, yeah!

Kent said...

New Bone Thugs is coming out next month. The first single features AKON and is being compared to "Tha Crossroads." Bizzy is no longer with the group, but he does speak in tongues on texas radio!