I'll be on tour with The Black Dahlia Murder in Europe and then Summer Slaughter from June 3rd - July 29th.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sunday, May 27th, 2007

So the other night we got the ultimate hookup. Free tickets to see The Police's "fan club only dress rehearsal" kickoff show for their world tour (A.K.A. their first show in over 20 years!). It was in Vancouver so Nam Pen (who had never heard of Dio before!?!) came along. She was very unimpressed by the poor dancing going on in the crowd and the lesbians who kept singing to each other in front of us. The other 3,998 people were very unimpressed by her "leaning jacket". I thought she looked like a character in Knight Rider, so I approved.

Sweet video screen. You can almost make out the weird shirt Sting had on. Women's deep-v with some rhinestones. Andy Summers had multiple "Oh my god you killed Kenny!" guitar straps. At least Stu Stu was just wearing a rash guard. I figured these guys would have a stylist who suggested against things like that.

"You don't have to put on the red light." The light guy must have been loving how easy thinking up a scene for this song was.

And the proof that I've been doing my job for too long. On the way out of the show I saw the room they were storing all the merch and all I could think was how glad I was that I didn't have to count all that in. This was just a 3rd of it. Nam Pen was not impressed.

Overall great night. We watched 3 Extremes afterwards and didn't get to the last extreme because the first 2 were so dumb.

No comments: