I'll be on tour with The Black Dahlia Murder in Europe and then Summer Slaughter from June 3rd - July 29th.

Sunday, May 6, 2007

last days of Jager

The last couple days have been a little nutty. The night before last was our last night of tour with Stone Sour. And then last night was our last night with Shadows Fall. Everyone we've been on tour with the past 6 weeks have been great dudes and it was sad to see them go. Obviously the hugest bummer was knowing I have another month of tour left without my bro GRBDN. Two tours down with him and still a solid dude. It was real weird realizing that I've known the Shads guys for 7 years now. It's nuts how fast time flies by.

After last nights show we went to a late show down the street and saw Nashville Pussy for the end of tour festivities. Nashville Pussy was great. I'm surprised those dudes/girls have that much energy still after being a band for all these years. Def the most balls out show I've seen in a while. Plus they gave Goody an excuse to scream louder than the PA. As we were leaving the club I saw Goody and a few of the Shads dudes walking in the completely wrong direction (obviously drunk and lost). A minute later they're coming back down the street and Goody is hugging some random guy in a wife beater with face tattoos. I can only begin to imagine what happened in the minute they disappeared.

Columbia, MO was real awesome overall for a last day though. It was cool how much was going on in a town seemingly in the middle of nowhere. I hit a couple record stores (found the Phil Spector - 'Back to Mono' box set cheap!). At this store Kevin's the owner was fairly eccentric, but rad. He hooked me up with some new Patti Smith and Lou Reed live stuff. Had some awesome vegan food at this place called Main Squeeze after that. If you ever are in the area get the vegan caramel apple cheesecake. It was seriously the best vegan dessert I've had in 5 years of veganism. I wish I had time to go back and get another piece. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get back there on tour sometime this year.

We have a day off in maximum Louisville today before we start the headlining tour tomorrow. Hopefully everyone on that is as cool as the last group. There's 3 weeks of it before Kylesa gets out and I have some more familiar faces to hang out with. So far of the other bands I've only met some Stolen Babies guys and they seem nice enough. Fingers crossed as always.

On the I Love New York 2 tip... it's been nuts. I can't believe how many votes I've gotten. Thanks for keeping me in the top 40 guys. I'm at number 34 right now and I figure after a few people above me get disqualified I should be pretty solid at least making it into round 2. Anyway keep voting every day, keep telling your friends. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine the madness of the 'last days of Jager'....could not be there, but I was there in spirit....oh, so that was YOU in the white limo out in St. Louis - why the hell didn't you pick me up! I was walking right past you on my way to the Starbucks to get coffee...it was pouring down rain, I felt like I was in some goth wet t-shirt contest, lol. I KNEW that was YOU in there! ha ha....oh well, maybe next limo ride. See ya in Virginia! Let me know what you're drinking...I'll bring one around for you and we can chat. :)